public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:50 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Hip flexibility
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2001 3:19 pm 

Suzie - your English is wonderful.<P>Most people with flexibility such as you have, usually have a problem with strength. You might want to read some of the books - I think there are two, that were written by Prima Ballerina Natalia Makarova. She never had a problem with flexibility but all her life had to fight for the strength to use that flexibility and stability. <P>I know you are going to get where you want to go. Maturity is not based on age, as you are finding out. Some of us grow old still seeking it, and some of us acquire it through life and circumstance. The experiences of life lend a hand. And those experiences can happen when quite, quite young. <P>Dancing from your heart, Suzie, now that's truly an accomplishment. I wish you every success in the world.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2001 4:18 pm 

Suzie, I am very impressed with your English, and with how attuned you are to your body. As Basheva has expressed so beautifully, you are at a new stage on your journey, and there are many new discoveries and insights along the way. Enjoy! By the way, what are your other two languages?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2001 10:53 pm 

Suzie -that is incredible, both your English and your re-journey into Ballet. Best of luck and long may your love of ballet and your progression continue.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2