public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:16 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Inner thigh
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2001 10:32 am 

I've finally been able to feel that leg muscle work when I tendu and degage and developpe! But I only feel it en avant and derriere. Is there something about turning out de cote or the placement of the leg that doesn't leg that muscle engage as easily? I've been working in my turnout on the sides, and I don't feel it except in my quads and stuff, so maybe my turnout isn't good enough yet? I'm just wondering how to engage those muscles side, and front and back past about 70degrees, cuz I don't feel it after that, maybe I'm just not turning out after I get that high? Image Image

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Inner thigh
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2001 2:30 pm 

Bebounce, the work to engage those turnout muscles to any position - but you asked about second, so let's stick to that - begins before the foot/leg even begins to move. <P>If you are in fifth position and about to start a developpé a la seconde, feel your turnout as you stand in 5th position. Now as you begin to lift that foot to sur la cou-de-pied, feel the connection between your hip and that lifting heel - both turned out. As the foot slides up the leg to retiré, don't lose that feeling, hip pressing out, the heel pressing forward - feel them as one piece - connected.<P>In between them, doing a great deal of the work, is that inner thigh. As you begin to lift out from retiré to the developpé, keep pressing the heel foward and feel the connection to the turned out hip - the heel leading the way - that hip stabilizing it all.<P>You can also do a search at the top of the page and type in "inner thighs" and I think you will probably come up with even more information.<P>And remember to be patient with yourself. Dancers/students spend years discovering these muscles, these connections.<p>[This message has been edited by Basheva (edited June 03, 2001).]

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]