public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:46 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: foutte turns.
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2001 4:40 am 

Hi all Image<BR>I have been looking for a way to describe how to do foutte turns. I can;t seem to come up with good wording to describe them to people. Could someone help me?<BR>Thanx

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: foutte turns.
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2001 5:00 am 

First you would have to describe how to get into a fouetté turn. There are a couple of ways - one is with a pas de bourrée, and one is with a pirouette. My personal favorite way is with a pirouette.<P>Facing front in fourth position, right foot back, I do a en dehors pirouette ending facing front, with my right foot extended in front of me. It doesn't have to be high. Forty five degrees is fine for beginners. I am on my left leg, fondu.<P>The right arm should be in fifth position front, the left are a la seconde. As the right foot opens to second, so does my arm. The right foot after hitting second position, comes into retiré, as I pirouette, spotting my head. Left arm comes into fifth to meet right arm during the turn. I end up facing front again, right foot again extended 45 degrees to the front, right arm again back to fifth position in front, left arm in second.<P>The trick to fouetté turns is to get the rhythm. Arm and leg open to second together and close together. I think of it almost as if the arm is swimming. The head also spots within the rhythm. You should feel your standing heel coming into contact with the floor also within that rhythm. Whip (leg), click (heel), whip - click. <P>The back and chest must not be allowed to relax at the finish of the turn, since the end of one turn is definitely the preparation for the next turn - it is a continuous, rhythmic action.<p>[This message has been edited by Basheva (edited May 23, 2001).]

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]