public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:29 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: pointe shoes' fit
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2001 9:41 am 

How can I make my point shoes "hug" my feet more? Always when I point the foot (e.g. in dévelopée), there's some space between my foot and the sole of the shoe.<P>That also makes me wonder, why is the shank of the shoe not split, like in split-sole slippers? Wouldn't it also be possible to still dance on pointe (like you can in those Dansneakers by Capezio, which don't have a real shank at all!)?

Post subject: Re: pointe shoes' fit
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2001 4:57 pm 

If you don't have the shank underneath your foot (split-sole shoes), then it's not enough support to hold you. If I'm not mistaken, you would not expect to be able to walk by yourself for long! Image I think (but let a moderator answer this) that if the shoe is doing that on your foot, it isn't the right fit for you. Maybe the person didn't fit you well (and heaven forbid you bought shoes without getting them fitted by someone! Image)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2001 4:58 pm 

O yeah, about the dancesneakers- people can on there toes on them, but not dance around and bouree and stuff as if en pointe.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2001 6:18 pm 

I agree with Bebounce that if the shank was split you most probably wouldn't have enough support.<P>One thing you can do, besides checking the fit of your shoes - have your teacher look at them - you can also adjust where you sew on the ribbon. Each dancer needs to sew the ribbons onto her shoe in a different place based on her own feet.<P>So you might want to experiment with that a bit - and talk to your teacher about it.<P>

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]