public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:09 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Angry FEET!!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:33 pm 

Hi my name is jess and i have been dancing since i was 5, i have been dancing pointe since i was 13, im 14 now. I really need advice on how to prevent my feet from looking really bad...sores,corns,cuts,crooked toes....im dont wnat them to look bad. And i do love daning...and i willl never stop but i also love my feet, but dont wnat them to change. I wear plenty of padding and i take care of my feet all the time....i just ant to make sure thats enough to protect them from injuries..or ugliness! please reply..thanks

jess :(
pic of a girls feet after 2 years on pointe

web page

Thousands of emotions well up inside me through out the day. They are released when I dance

Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/chezsarah/dance.html

Post subject: Re: Angry FEET!!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:57 pm 

Sweetdancer04, if you really take care of your feet, they won't necessarily look too bad -- mine didn't, although they certainly weren't foot model material. I think taping my toes and using padding was the key -- I never had a corn. I also didn't have bunions, but I've heard that that's largely a matter of heredity.

You shouldn't judge the appearance of your feet based on how they look right after you take off your pointe shoes, though. Even the most well-cared-for feet will look red, wrinkled and squished for awhile.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:23 pm 

I'm moving this topic to Students' Questions. To follow me there, just click on the link above.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:12 am 

Also make sure you get a good fitting shoe too. Take time to try lots of different styles to find the best for you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:58 am 

this is my third year on pointe and i have been wearing an ouchpuch all three years and ive only gotten like 3 or 4 blisters in all and my feet look good for dancing on them all the time but recently i decided to lose the ouch pouch because it makes it harder to feel the floor while ur dancing en pointe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:06 am 

My toe padding was the cut-off toe section of a tube sock. It was very light, not bulky, and slightly cushiony. I taped every toe knuckle that rubbed the shoe. And, as Joanne pointed out, your shoes have to fit well.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:50 pm 

I wore nothing in my shoes at all and as djb says I am not a foot model, but my feet are not bad looking. I got pedicures each month asking her not to take off all the callus. As everyone has said it really matters how your foot is shaped and the fit of your shoe.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:01 pm 

Ive been on pointe for 3 years and my feet look nothing like that. Ive only ever had 1 real bad vlistert and that's it. I wear ouch pouches there thins that go inside the shoe and cover all your toes, their really padded and comfy :)

Good luck ;)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]