public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:09 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Tights OVER pointe shoes....
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:29 pm 

Did anyone else do this? We did it for performances if we needed dyed shoes. For example, we needed red shoes, wso e'd wear red tights over our shoes. I mentioned this to a fellow dancer friend of mine, and she thought I was nuts. I thought it was a fairly common practice. Anyone else do this??

Post subject: Re: Tights OVER pointe shoes....
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:20 pm 

I have seen tights over shoes with the toe and heel cut out for pointe shoes, but I don't think I have seen the whole shoe covered. How was the traction? Did you do this with pointe shoes?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:29 am 

If you look at the pictures of POB's Midsummer Night Dream (Neumeier), it looks like the ballerina who dances Titania wears her glittery silver unitard over her pointe shoes. And if she did not, I wonder how she could obtain a shoe of this color/visual effect. I don't know if we can find those picture on the web, or other pictures of Neumeier's Dream...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:34 pm 

A lot of us put suede on the toe, or fabric glue, etc in order to get some more traction. And of course hit the rosin box. I didn't find it too bad, actually. We didn't use the really high quality thick tights... just the cheap ones. :) I remember one girl cut the toe out, and sewed elastic in around the toe so it would stay in place fairly well. (too much trouble, in my book.) Sure was a lot easier and cheaper, I'll tell you that much!! :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]