public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:20 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pointe Shoe/feet problem
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:40 pm 

Hi
Does anyone have know how to get the shank softer in the pointe shoe? I have bad feet and I want to make the illusion that I have a good arch. Or does anyone know how two cut a slit in the pointe shoe?
Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Pointe Shoe/feet problem
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:47 am 

I used to "operate" quite a bit on my shoes before they ever got on my feet. I wore Freeds and used to have them made without the last nail in the shank just so that I didn't have to pull it out. Once that is gone I would loosen up the glue careful not to do too much. Do a bit at a time. Too much and you have ruined your shoe.

Try a needle nose plyer to ease out the nail. I never cut the shank in half, but many people do.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:44 pm 

Thanks for the advise. I wear freeds too. I already take out the nail and cut the shank in half. But, Lucy what you mean by softing the glue.
I would like to try that.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:37 pm 

Well, I used to want to soften the glue in several different places. First off the shank, After cutting the shank out I would bend them back and fourth to get rid of the loose glue kernels. Second, I liked the box a bit softer so I would either put alcohol on areas that felt really hard (like the bunion and the little toe) while my foot was in the shoe. If that did not work I would try to work out the glue with my hands or God forgive me the door jam. I think that there are several doors that are still ajar at the Met. On the other hand I would put Fabulon in the tip. The only place I liked it extra hard. It also made them last longer.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:04 pm 

The old shoe-in-the-door trick! I did that sometimes, too. I even often squashed my boxes with my heels! Wasn't there an earlier thread entitled "Pointe shoe abuse"? Talk about "abuse"! LOL

<small>[ 30 June 2004, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: GN ]</small>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:45 am 

gn~

heh, yeah, that was me. i've been doing all sorts of evil things to my shoes. i haven't tried the alcohol thing yet, though. it kinda freaks me out. :p

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]