public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:45 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Frappes
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2001 5:56 am 

I 've got a really big problem with my double frappes at the side with my left leg. My right is.....ok.....but my left is really bad. I try to keep the knee and hip stable but instead my whole leg literaly can't move! I feel like I stretch the muscles of my leg to keep it stable but I 'm using the wrong muscles....I 'm actually pretty confused. What muscles are you supposed to use to keep your leg stable?<P>------------------<BR><BR>

Post subject: Re: Frappes
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2001 7:20 am 

Well, Annie, I guess the simplest way for me to try to explain it is that everything above the knee is held and everthing below the knee moves. Sort of like the pendulum of a clock. And that pendulum moves in/out - not rubbing back/forth. <P> When you are doing your doubles, concentrate on the movment of your heel - in(front)/out(back) - OUT(frappé). It gets a rhythm - in/out - OUT. Try it slowly and then build up the speed when you get the feeling for it.<P>And, one side is always better than another. When I hold my coupé position getting ready for the frappé, I concentrate on the thigh/hip area - trying to keep that stable. Remember also - it takes time - a great deal of time.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2