public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:43 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Funding Help
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:35 am 

Hi, I have become an avid reader over the summer but this is my first post. In April I dislocated my knee in a ballet class and had my leg in cast at the time of the ballet school auditions. After a very late audition at Rambert school, I was offered a place to start the next week (I start on Fri). Anyway, because I auditioned so late I was not eligable for a scholarship or DADA (for those outside the UK- Dance and Drama Award) from the school. I will apply to my Local Education Authority for a grant, but I was wondering if any of you guys knew of any organisations or individual benefactors (in London, or the UK as a whole) to offer sponsorship for training in the arts. Help on this matter would be much appreciated.
Thanks R x

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Funding Help
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:56 am 

Hi wannabe and welcome to CriticalDance. First off, congratulations on gaining a place at the Rambert School - a prestigeous dance conservatoire with many well-known alumni.

My first thought is whether you have spoken to the administration staff at Rambert about this, as I am sure they will have had experience of similar problems in the past and can suggest various avenues for you. I haven't had direct experience of the School, but if it is anything like the Company, I'm sure they will want to help you however they can.

<small>[ 21 September 2004, 03:59 AM: Message edited by: Stuart Sweeney ]</small>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Funding Help
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:50 pm 

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have spoken to the school and fortunately, they are willing to give me a bursary of just over half the fees. :D I am also going to contact the Council of Dance Education and Training to see if they could contribute towards the remainder, or know of an organisation or charity that may be able to offer some assistance. Can anyone suggest another organisation I should contact?

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]