public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:53 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: lots of questions
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2001 4:07 pm 

OY VEY - this younger generation is never happy.....now she wants a picture of the wobble board with bare feet.<P>Well, the "internet goddess" (such as she is) is tired after a long day of goddess-ing around, and feels wobbly.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2001 4:25 pm 

If you are feeling wobbly, oh Goddess, please refrain from standing on a wobble board, shoes or no shoes. I went to a physical therapist who had clients work on this with shoes on. Makes more sense to do it barefoot, I agree, Maggie. Especially for dancers who need better radar than civilians?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2001 4:37 pm 

Ooooooh, Basheva la goddesse (?) I ain't so young. But, yes, a wobble board with bare feet would be nice. It would show the tendency to pronate among other things. Feet are funny.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2001 5:35 pm 

I aim to please:<P> Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2001 10:50 pm 

Our wishes are your commands!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2001 3:57 am 

Much thanks! Here's another application since there has been some discussion of turnout on another thread. I have the dancer stand on the board, using a barre for support of course. Once we have worked on the idea of "pulling up", which includes the legs in addition to the torso, alignment and correct foot placement, we work on aspects of how turnout works and what's available. The dancer is able to turn out by pivoting the base of the board in contact with the floor without creating torque in the foot, ankle, or leg. Since it is being one foot or side at a time, it can show differences in the two side's ability to turn out evenly, and can help show which muscles need the strengthening or stretch most. Additionally, the other leg can be placed in various positions such as extended at a 45 degree angle front side or back, or retire or attitudes, etc.<p>[This message has been edited by Maggie (edited May 24, 2001).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2001 5:10 am 

I noticed in my trip through wobble board-land that there were double wobble boards. That's two boards that were connected at their base by what looked like a rod. That way both feet could be "done" at the same time.<P>There were also different (or appeared to be) mechanisms to produce the wobble. An air bag, a ball bearing mechanism, and a spring. I wonder if those mechanisms would make a difference in how the gadget operates - not in its totality, but in small deviation from one another.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2