public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:58 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Summer intensives - UK 2005
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:46 am 

School’s in for summer
By Susan Elkin for The Stage reviews the range of part-time courses available in the dramatic arts and related disciplines this holiday period.

I recently watched an amateur thesp - a library assistant in real life - in his early thirties playing the Lord Chancellor in Iolanthe with a small, enthusiastic, village-based operatic society. His was the slickest, fastest and funniest account of the dreaded nightmare song - ‘When you’re lying awake with a dismal headache and repose is tabooed by anxiety…’ - I’ve seen on a stage anywhere, amateur or professional - and I’m a lifelong connoisseur of Gilbert & Sullivan’s ‘Grossmith’ roles and their exponents.

click for more

Last edited by Stuart Sweeney on Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: ballet intensives
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:26 am 

Does anyone know anything about Yorkshire Ballet Seminars--I've had info in the past but I think they may be moving locations this summer. Additionally does anyone know of any other summer ballet courses in the UK (London being preferable)? My daughter has attended the White Lodge summer course in the past but it conflicts with her US program this year (and she's outgrown White Lodge as she is 15). She has taken classes at Pineapple and enjoyed them but was looking for more of a daily commitment. We will be in London most of August.
Thanks.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 6:50 am 

Hi
My eleven year old daughter has just heard she's been accepted on the white lodge summer school this year and I wondered if you had any info/tips etc you could share with us on this as she doesn't really know what to expect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 4:30 pm 

White Lodge was the most wonderful experience my daughter has ever had. The staff was lovely, sweet and nurturing and the instruction perfect and appropriate.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 6:29 am 

Can you tell me a bit about the classes and the standard of the pupils :?: . I've been told it's very strict and serious and that they only do ballet, ballet and more ballet! I haven't yet been given the schedule so would love any info or tips whatsoever that I can pass on to my daughter as preparation :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]