public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:25 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: um, i can't think of a topic. this isn't really a ques
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 7:10 pm 

Okay, when i said I wasn't going to do company it was because i thought I wasn't good enough and because I thought we didn't have the money. Also my dad REEEEEEEEAlly didn't want me to do it. My dad never really aproves of hardley anything i do, so I was trying to get on his good side. Sure theater had to do with it, but not very much. Tonight i had a talk with my mom, and told her how i felt, and she said that after i told my dad i wasn't going to try out, he said all this stuff about wanting me to do it if I wanted to. She also told me that money was no problem, and that he was just making a lot of noise. so I might be doing it after all! I'm gonna sleep on it and decide.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: um, i can't think of a topic. this isn't really a ques
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 11:29 pm 

well, if you are doing it, good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 4:58 am 

Athena, when I am facing a big decision such as the one you are making now, I sometimes find it helpful to pull out paper and pencil and make a list. Actually, two lists. One contains all the advantages to doing X. One contains all the disadvantages to doing X. Sometimes just seeing it all in front of me helps me to organize the thoughts that are whirring around in my head. <P>If I'm still confused, I brainstorm with someone I trust to be sure I've covered all the pro's and con's. Then if there's still no clear answer, I sometimes rate each item, giving it a numerical value and add up the points, so to speak. Sometimes the answer is in there. Sometimes it's not, and then sleeping on it helps.<P>Good luck and let us know how your decision making is going. <P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 5:55 am 

Nancy's idea for problem solving is so great!!<P>I also find it beneficial to "sleep" on a problem for about a week, if at all possible. Usually within a weeks time I will have found the answer, the original angst will have become more coherent. Also if there is another person involved (like your Dad) then that person will have calmed down and thought about it too.<P>It's amazing what a little time does.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]