public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: My confidence is low because of my poor training~I need
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:15 pm 

When I was 3 years old i began dancing at a studio that I later found out was not teaching the proper technique at all(1 class a week!). After I went en pointe there when I was 11 I realized for myself I wanted to be serious and go to a better studio. I switched to a studio that trained the Royal Academy of Dance's way. I did it for a few months, it just wasnt for me and I never felt comfortable. Now almost 2 years later I finally found a studio I love after not dancing since that experience. The teacher at the studio has given me hope that I will do fine even after not dancing. I have been dancing now almost every day for weeks, and she has put me back en pointe. I guess I was stronger than I thought. I still see some of my best friends my age doing things I only dream of being able to do and it makes me feel really horrible. I need my confidence back up, do you think theres anyway I could be at the level I should be right now if I keep working? Thank you~sorry its so long

Post subject: Re: My confidence is low because of my poor training~I need
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:54 am 

Feeling behind is a good thing that keeps some people pushing to get better even when they are good. But if you want to catch up to those around you you just need to put the time into it. Practice at home write down all the excerises that you do in class and do them a million times at home too. I always thought the day I am not doing ballet is a day that someone else is and has a day of practice over me. Those days you do them at home is not for an intense class kinda work out. It is a slow easy on your body remember how to do it perfect practice that you dont often get to do in class all the time. Confidance is only obtained by accomplishing things and only you can give this to yourself.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:12 pm 

But in a way you are quite lucky as you are on pointes, and if you were once a good dancer you can still be twice as good now, think of it this way you are lucky as it will take me years until i get to be on my pointes. All i can say to you is carry on trying and pushing yourself to be your best, and one day who knows we may see you on stage!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:03 pm 

Thanks for the nice answers! I appreciate it!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]