public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Jete Battu trouble!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:21 pm 

wannabe_LDN...I was just looking at your post about six vole. I am not trained in RAD syllabus (though several of my teachers were) so I don't know exactly which vole you do; there are different ways to execute brise or six vole (for example in some methods the working leg ends in sur le coup-de-pied devant or derriere and is done like a jete or sometimes it is done with the working leg ending straight front and back...sometimes the working leg brushes through first or sometimes whips around)...just depends on the school and teacher. But, what I have found helpful in executing them myself (I personally liked the bent knee finish front and back; just better for me) is to really feel the arc of the body going forward and backward in the air as you are executing the step. It is a sort of "flying" feeling...if you really bend at the peak of the jump you almost feel suspended in the air for a split second before you return to earth. Sorry for the long post and hope this makes some kind of sense! A picture is worth a thousand words!

<small>[ 15 December 2004, 12:24 AM: Message edited by: GN ]</small>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:45 am 

No problem GN, just need to ask. :D

<small>[ 15 December 2004, 01:47 AM: Message edited by: balletowoman ]</small>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:13 am 

Thanks...I'm pretty sure that's Evelyn Cisneros, former principal with SFB, doing those fouettes!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:02 am 

This is positively Evelyn Cisneros doing the fouettes.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:16 am 

Thankyou GN, I have yet to try out your suggestions as I sprained my ankle whilst on pointe in a pas de deux class at school, (my partner when placing me back en pointe after a lift in arabesque lost his balance and I fell sideways onto my pointed foot! hehe, us novice pas de deux students are quite accident prone!Should be fine when the term starts after the christmas holidays, and yes, I am still speaking to him!!! :)

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2