public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:36 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Modern Dance classes
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:35 am 

Why is necessary to have a basis in ballet or jazz to be able to start modern dance

<small>[ 15 September 2004, 07:42 AM: Message edited by: Stuart Sweeney ]</small>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Modern Dance classes
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:44 am 

Welcome to CriticalDance Nabami. I'm going to move your question to our "Students' Questions and Experiences" forum further down the Board, where I think it more likely that you will get a response.

<small>[ 15 September 2004, 04:46 AM: Message edited by: Stuart Sweeney ]</small>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:41 am 

Nabami posted 15 September 2004 07:26 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey
I would like to start a modern dance class. Iam 22 and I would rather consider my self as totally unexperienced in dance. However I would like to try modern dance but everyone tells me that as unexperienced person in dance I will never be able to manange the classes. Is there anyone who could help me find a teacher in Maastricht ( Netherlands) or near Cologne (Germany) who would be willing to teach an unexperienced student.

--------------------
Nabami, Bos

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:46 am 

I can't speak about The Netherlands or Germany, Nabami, but here in the UK, a number of places run beginner's classes in Modern Dance, as they do for ballet, tap and other dance styles.

I would expect that the same is true where you are. Is there a dance centre near you where you could enquire? On Google I see mention of "Cologne Dance Centre", but don't know what they cover.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:30 pm 

In the study of Classical Dance (ballet), we learn the fundamentals of using our body for dance: mass, directionality, force, turning, etc. These fundamentals, once learned, can be used for great benefit in any other movement discipline, including modern dance.

<small>[ 15 September 2004, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: citibob ]</small>

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]