public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:40 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Développé
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2001 1:31 am 

I have a problem, but I don´t know if this is bad.<BR>Always when I do developpé to the side a get a kind of ´knak/crack´in my groin.<BR>Is this bad, am I doing something wrong by the developpé?<P>By the way, I don´t know if knak/crack is the good word for it in english, but of you don´t understaind it you have to tell me, than I will try to explain it better.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Développé
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2001 5:02 am 

Elleke- I understand you. When you do a developpé to second position you hear a crack or a plop in your hip.<P>Without getting too anatomical, often that this either the joint itself or a ligament or a tendon slipping into its track.<P>One of the things you should check - or have your teacher check, is that you may be doing developpé without enough warmup. Or you could be doing it too far to the side - more turned out than you should be. <P>Remember that the developpé leg can't go further to the side (be turnedout) than your standing leg. They have to match. You may also be doing the developpé with a lifted hip. And, you may just have a hip that does this.<P>This is a good thing to check out with your teacher. If you experience any pain or soreness, then you should definitely have it checked out by your doctor.<p>[This message has been edited by Basheva (edited May 20, 2001).]

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Développé
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2001 5:32 am 

Thanks for the advises.<BR>I think it is because than I am not warmed up enough, but actually always when I make a developpé, I´ve done the whole barre before.<BR>But I don´t have it always, so maybe sometimes my muscles are more warmed up than another time.<BR>I will took about it with my teacher.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]