public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:11 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Gaynor Mindens
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:48 pm 

I have just been fitted with my first pair of Gaynor Minden pointes. My teacher says the shank can be re-moulded slightly using a hairdryer to heat it but when I asked if I had to heat it from the inside or the outside or if it didn't matter she wasn't so sure!!! The GM site is just as vague. I don't want to wreck my first pointes. Does anyone know?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Gaynor Mindens
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:37 pm 

No worries, they wont melt that easily. I formed mine a bit with the hair dryer as well and I was actually wearing the shoes. However, they did not mold to my feet enough to feel comfortable. GM gave a lot of blisters coz of the box which seems to be resistant to my toes. But I loved the shank and the way you can balance on them. However, I switched back to good old paste shoes - Freed! Let me know how it goes, hopefully you enjoy your new GMs :-) :D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Gaynor Mindens
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:33 am 

I actually found the area on the site that tells you about the heat forming - it isn't in the bit about pointe shoes it is in a submenu "dancing" then "feet and fitting" and then "heat forming". Seems you have to bend them past where you want them to set, so maybe that is why you didn't get the mould you were looking for.

I find that the internal sock in the box peels back a bit and sticks like a plaster (band aid in US!) to my tights. Apart from that I love them, although I will definitely want a softer shank next time around. Because I am a beginner on pointe and also quite a heavy dancer the shop went all cautious about having lots of support but I can't get a good high demi-pointe in these ones, though perhaps that will be easier with the arch remoulded.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]