public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:35 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: RAD inermediate foundation
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:21 am 

Hi!
About 3 years ago I joined a new ballet class after having a break from classes due to uni.
I am about to take Grade 8 aagaggh (esp as the other girls are all a lot younger than me and much better dancers!!)
Anyway, I'm looking forward to starting intermediate foundation classes next term. I was wondering what I should be expecting?
What is the uniform?
What is the pointe part of the exam like?
Thanks!!

Post subject: good luck!!!!
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:16 am 

well, i'm afraid i don't know much about what to expect but would like to wish you good luck in grade 8!!! hehehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:17 am 

Thanks lil_ballerina!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:06 pm 

Hello, CJ, and welcome to CriticalDance. I'll second the good luck wished for you by x_lil_ballerina_x! I wish I could give you some specific advice, but I don't have a background in strict RAD or Cecchetti syllabi. Perhaps someone who does will see your post. Don't let it bother you that some of the other dancers are younger than you. Dance for yourself...stay focused on your own growth as a dancer and, above all, enjoy your dancing. :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:42 am 

Thanks Gina!
I am really enjoying my lessons - much more than when I was younger. I absolutely can't wait to get back into my pointe shoes. The only downside is I'll have to go through all the beginners discomfort again with them!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 1:09 am 

Hi there. just wondering if anyone could tell me what the equivalent of the intermediate foundation is (i am thinking that this is an RAD level?) in the Checcetti Syllabi? Is the intermediate foundation equivalent to the OLD Elementary Level in RAD? Curious

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:30 am 

hey!

I think the intermediate foundation is the same as the old Pre elementary from the old RAD syllabus. Hope that helps xxx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:33 pm 

Yep it's the Pre-Elementary. I did it and passed it CJ! I also did the Elementary exam.

It was 6 years ago though..so I dont remember a lot of details. I didn't like it very much. I loooved the Grades syllabus because there you could actually dance. I thorouly enjoyed my grade 8 exam. What I like best was that after barre work, everybody goes out and you go it one by one, like a performance. Which dances are you doing? I remember I had so much fun! I also had a great mark(95/100 :D )

Now, pre-elementary, if they haven't changed it too much, is very technical. It's not very difficult, but you need to have solid technique, just as with all the vocationals rad examinations. You don't even have double pirouettes from what I can recall. The pointe part is not difficult. You have rises and releves at the barre, and in the center all you have is releves to retire positioin and echappes on pointe. Not difficult in any case. Dont worry about that.

Good luck with Grade 8, just have fun! It's a wonderful syllabus and a chance to dance...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:12 pm 

the pointe part is real easy hardest it gets is releves and echappes in the center. as for the uniform i really have no idea how you mean that like clothing?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]