public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:36 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Keeping Ones Arches
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2001 6:53 am 

Hey all! I have read alot about dancers taking care of their feet, even normal shoes, First question, Is it possible to lose ones arches? and also How does one prevent this from happening? and What type of regular shoes are good for dancers to wear? or if one wears loafers or dress shoes *Not HighHeel* but pumps, what should be done to keep the arches and protect the feet?<P>Thanks all, Hope this all makes sense!<BR>*hugs*<BR>Jan<P>------------------<BR>Teaching Today Touches Tomorrow!<P>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Keeping Ones Arches
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2001 9:03 am 

I do know that if one walks around barefooted (like in the summertime) this can certainly alter the shape of the foot. Generally, it spreads out more. That's what happens to me. <P>I also think that an arch support in a shoe is generally a good idea. I find my feet are less tired when I wear good supportive shoes.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2001 11:18 am 

The one time I lost my arch in my foot was when it had been in plaster. When the plaster came off i had no arch at all - but it came back very quickly once i started dancing again.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2001 6:17 pm 

Thanks for your responses! I was just concerned about the future of my arches, I have beautiful arches, and a friend told me that if one is on their feet for long hours *as I am 8-9 hours a day* and if oen wears wrong shoes they can lose their arches, so I was just wanting to know if it is true, and if so how can one protect the arches! Thanks all!<P>*hugs*<BR>Jan<P>------------------<BR>Teaching Today Touches Tomorrow!<P>

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]