public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: DMW Workshop...what to expect?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:00 pm 

Hi~
I am going to be attending a Dance Masters of Wisconsin workshop in November. The schedules include ballet, tap, jazz, and musical theater.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has been to a DMW workshop, if not ANY workshop, and if anyone can tell me what to expect as far as difficulty, and what I can do to prepare for the workshop.

~My Frappes Suck ;)

Post subject: Re: DMW Workshop...what to expect?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:21 pm 

Hi, pdd94, my daughter is attending the same workshop (I assume it's the one in Madison the weekend of the 20-21). The workshop basically consists of one hour classes by the various guest teachers in the venues noted on your schedule. You will be on the floor with everyone in your group and the teacher is normally on a platform so you can see what is being taught and the teacher can see you. The group is then usually broken down into smaller groups so you have more room on the floor to practice the combination/variation being taught. My daughter always has a lot of fun--has had some good teachers and some bad-and is always very tired by the end of the weekend. Hope you enjoy!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]