public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:40 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Superfast Ballet Buns
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2001 5:29 pm 

Hi all!<P>Hope someone can help me on this. You see, I work till 5.30pm and my class is at 6.30pm. So, frequently I would have to rush to my class, with less than 10 minutes to change into leotards and tie a bun..I find the normal buns are time consuming with its numerous pins to put in. Can anyone share with me their secret to bun up their hair fast yet doesn't fall out easily? Thank you.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Superfast Ballet Buns
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2001 8:28 pm 

This isn't quite a traditional bun, but I often do it, especially when I need to do it quickly: I put all my hair in a pony tail. Then I braid that pony tail really tightly, as tightly as I can. Then I fasten that with a pony tail at the bottom of the braid. I wrap it into a bun shape, and then use two "claws" to hold it down, one on top of the bun and one underneath it. I might stick one bobby pin in to tuck the end of the braid in, but if I clamp it down right I don't need to. Hope that makes sense.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2001 9:40 pm 

Hi! I'm moving this post to Students' Questions. See you there.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2001 11:24 pm 

Here's my busybody bun-<P>I make a ponytail, it can be low or high, depending on the legnth of your hair. Then, I coil my hair around the base of the ponytail. I slip a hairnet over the 'bun', and double a scrunchie around it. A little spritzer, and voila! The one-minute, pin-free, pique turn-proof instabun!

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]