public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: stretches!
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 4:42 pm 

Hey!!!<BR>I was wondering if you had any stretches that will improve my middle split! It doesnt seem to getting any better now!!! Thanks!!!<BR>Courtney

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: stretches!
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 4:50 pm 

Courtney - first let me welcome you to the board - it's a pleasure to have you with us.<P>There are many stretches you can do. I would advise you to use the "search" at the top of the page - type in "splits" and you will come up with lots of information. <P>One thing that I like to do - when I am thoroughly warmed up - is to lay on my back and lift my legs up and just let them fall open in the middle split. And then I let gravity do the work. That really has improved my split.<P>Also, if you really work on your grand battements at the barre and center, that also will really help.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 8:35 pm 

After warming up, try this. Stand with back to wall, heels against wall. Slowly open to your Russian or center split, keeping your buttocks and heels against the wall. Go down as far as you can with straight knees. Keep pressing against the wall with butt and heels.<P>Stay as long as you can, 3 minutes is best. Do this everyday. Breathe as you do it. Set a timer and count to 30 over and over as you do it until the time runs out. <P>As you do it, think of your legs growing longer as you melt into the floor. I think of rubber legs.<P>It does work.<P>Janet

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2001 6:50 am 

Good advice, JLL .....especially about the breathing....always relax into a stretch.<P>So many times when we are trying and working, we hold our breath.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]