public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:19 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Costume ideas ?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:18 am 

Hi my jazz pre-teen will do a show soon on the song All night long.I have no idea for there costume.It should be things they have at home or can buy, no fancy stuff .If you have any sugestion it will be a big help. Thank you.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Costume ideas ?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:33 pm 

i just made some decent ones for about $3/each and some time.
1. have each kid bring in a big old cotton shirt -fabric dye of desired color $2.(stretch neck of shirt-cut sleaves off-cut remaining material into stripes as wide or narrow as desired, wear as a stripped skirt)
2. a bundle of fake flowers-$2 (cut them off their stems and affix them to a hair rubber band or pin for hair peice/and additional costume decoration.-- i've got wine colored holiday flowers and wine dyed tshirt fringy skirts cut assymetrically--two flowers--one on the right side of the hip on the skirt and one on the left side of the head in their hair.)
then i got some $2 fabric glitter paint (puffy paint) and sort of spread it on the fabric at the waist line then added some seqence for sparkle-cuz that seemed to be a big deal to the kids-then they all wear whatever leotard they already have. i went to the craft store and found the stuff on sale that looked like it went to gether and went form there be creative,

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]