public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:14 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: flexibility
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:45 pm 

hi everyone. ive been dancing for a long time. since i was 2 1/2. and ive had some really great oppurtunities with dance. in 2003 i got the chance to dance in Disney World, and this winter I am dancing in the halftime show of the Capital One Bowl. and next year I'm getting the chance to go to NY and dance in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

i think I'm a good dancer for my age. the only problem is, I'm not as flexible as i would like to be. i can dance fine, andi have good strength and balance...but when it comes to being flexible, im not the greatest. i am able to kick at a resonably high height- it is just harder for me than it is for most of the people i dance with. i think my dancing would be even better if i was more flexible.

i was wondering if any of you knew any stretches i could do that would help me improve my flexibility.

thanks!

holly

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: flexibility
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:10 pm 

what sort of flexibility is it that you struggle with? for example, I have very little flexibility and rotation in my hips and thighs, but am very flexible in my back and upper body. I find it depends what type of dance I am doing as to whether my dance suffers because of my flexibility

<small>[ 06 September 2004, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: Louciee_lou ]</small>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: flexibility
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:16 pm 

well its mainly my leg muscles. especially my upper leg. ive started doing some simple stretches regularly now. but i havent been able to do anything that really puts emphasis on my upper leg muscles.

~~*Holly*~~

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]