public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:31 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Cover letters and resumes
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:18 am 

I need some help writing cover letters and resumes for American ballet companies and professional ballet schools - the letter and resume will accompany a videotape. Is there a specific format I should follow? How different is it from writing a non-dance job cover letter/resume? Thanks!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Cover letters and resumes
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:12 pm 

Fouette - I just held an audition a couple of weeks ago and I received some dreadful cvs. Please make sure that you list your dance training and SEPERATE your professional ballet training from any workshops, or hobby classes that you have done. If you have passed any exams such as RAD, please give the grade and pass mark. It was useful for me to receive cvs with pictures attached/included in the text than apart from the actual cv. This made it for me much easier. And use enough space - there is nothing wrong with using 2 or 3 pages if all is clearly written - make sure that you list the most important performances first - it is rather confusing when a graduate dancer mentions that he has danced 30 different solos. Be realistic and consistent. I hope that helps a bit - you can email me your cv and I will have a look at it if you wish.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Cover letters and resumes
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:55 am 

Thanks, Dance_Scholar_London, but I'm actually helping a friend of mine translate hers. I'll see what I can come up with first!

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]