public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:43 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Turnout
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2001 7:28 am 

Hi again, I have another question regarding turnout and balance. OK, If I have read correctly, the objective is to turn out both feet to 180 degrees (in first). I was told by the teacher of my class that I was properly turned out but my feet definately dont make an angle of 180 degrees unless I turnout my ankles and knees as well (which i dont try to do because that really bad for them . . .)So how can I be properly turned out?<BR>Also if i try this 180 degree turnout I simply can not balance even in something simple like releve!<P>Btw, Basheva may I please have a copy of the summer ballet barre exercise that you mentioned in another post - thanks

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Turnout
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2001 12:40 pm 

That 180 degree turnout is only "ideal" - not actual. There are very, very few people who can really attain and even more importantly use it.<P>The turnout must come from the hips - and be held in the hips. The feet and knees merely reflect what the hips are doing.<P>There is lots of information on this if you do a search on "turnout"...in both Students' Questions forum and Studio forum.<P>I posted the barre in the other thread - do you want me to e-mail it to you? If so please e- mail me to I will have your correct address. And do you also want the center? I will be happy to do that.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]