public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:47 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: pirouttes
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2001 9:04 am 

i was just wondering if there is anything that can help you turn better??? i'm alright in jazz pirouttes but wheni go to do them turned out- especially on point- i tend to get a little wild and my weight is never in the right place. any suggestions would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: pirouttes
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2001 11:16 am 

Dancin babe--whenever I tend to do ballet pirouttes on point, I find that if you pull up and breath in just before you start the piroutte and while you piroutte it helps you turn a lot better. Another thing I find helps me for some reason is if I put my arms in 5th position, it tends to help me find my center better and I turn much better. Well I hope that helps you.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: pirouttes
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2001 2:38 pm 

Dancin Babe - there are three threads you can read that I think will answer your questions:<P><BR><A HREF=../../../ubb/Forum7/HTML/000274.html><B>PLACING THE PIROUETTE</B></A><P><A HREF=../../../ubb/Forum7/HTML/000278.html><B>SPOTTING THE TURN</B></A><P>And here is what Crazie4Dance is talking about and very few people realize how much this can help you:<P><BR><a href=../../../ubb/Forum7/HTML/000264.html><B>BREATHING THROUGH YOUR DANCE</B></a><P>Remember to do a search and you will find lots of information to help you.<P><BR>------------------<BR>Approach life as a dancer approaches the barre, with grace and purpose.<BR><p>[This message has been edited by Basheva (edited June 03, 2001).]

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]