public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:37 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: bowed knees
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2001 5:15 pm 

i was just wondering if in a higher grade ballet exam, your knees need to go together to pass.

Post subject: Re: bowed knees
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2001 5:50 pm 

Cutie Pie...I am not a syllabus teacher so I can't directly answer your question. What syllabus are you taking? that would be important to know.<P>I would seem to me that a syllabus can't alter the way the legs are naturally shaped. We can't remake our bones and basic construction.<P>We do have a syllabus teacher as a moderator, Joanne, and perhaps she will be able to help you. Keep checking back. She is in England and so we have to wait until she wakes up and sees your question.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2001 10:32 pm 

Cutie Pie, I have looked at this and your other thread and I would say that what Basheva is saying is right. Some people anatomically cannot get their knees together, but as long as your leg muscles are engaged and posturally you are standing correctly then I would think you are fine.<P>Have you spoken to your teacher about it? If a student of mine was worried about something like that in relation to taking exams I would probably speak to one of the examiners about it and see what advice they would have to offer. You can but try.<P>HTH<P>Joanne

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2001 10:38 pm 

Do look at that thread that Basheva posted in your Bowed legs thread - I'm sure you will find it useful.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]