public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:51 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Balancé Entournant
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 3:35 pm 

I really don't know if that's the way you write it so sorry. <P>I need help on this step. Could someone give me some advice?<P>Thank you!<P><BR>DancerPR

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Balancé Entournant
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 3:38 pm 

I am going to move this into Students' questions......hope that's ok.<P>DancerPR - go into the Students' Questions forum - and you will see this thread there.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Balancé Entournant
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 3:41 pm 

DancerPR - I think you mean a balancé entournant - that is a balancé which is turning. This is a step that is usually done in waltz time. One foot can step either in front of or in back of the other, with the original foot lifted for a moment from the floor and then replaced.<P>It usually goes from side to side - but can also go to the front, to the back and turning.<P>Let's see - you asked for advice. Stand in firth position with your right foot in back facing straight to the front. Now step to second position with your right foot. Lift up your left foot and place the demi-pointe of your left foot in back of the right foot. Put weight on that demi-pointe and lift your right foot off the ground, and then replace it. You have just done one balancé. Do the same thing to the left. <P>Now to do it entournant - instead of stepping straight out to your side in second position - aim that right foot into the back corner - now your whole body is facing a front corner and your second position is catycorner (I don't know if you are familiar with the numbering of corners or I would give you the numbers).<P>Each time you do the balancé aim your right foot to a new corner - and you will be making a partial turn each time. If you do eight balancés (right/left; right/left; right/left; right/left) you will have made one complete turn after facing all the corners and walls in the room.<P>Hope this helps. Good grief - this is so easy to demonstrate and so difficult to describe!! LOL<P><BR><p>[This message has been edited by Basheva (edited June 06, 2001).]

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]