public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:07 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Audition make-up, clothing and hair help
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:57 pm 

Hi there,
I often come to criticaldance.com and ask for your advice and you are always happy to help, this is why I'm back again :-)

I left a post a few weeks ago about an audition I have for a National Diploma in performing arts (dance) coming up in a few weeks and I need your help.

Basically, I want to stand out but not in an over the top way (i hope you know what I mean)
When it comes to make-up, whats the best look to go for i.e. natural????

Plus hair, obviously I want it away from my face but is there anything I can do to make it more interesting than a bun or pony tail ?

Last of all, clothing.
I'm going comfortable and casual as its more like a workshop audition but is there anything that will make me look bad in an audition?

This is my first audition and as you can see, I'm not sure what to expect and how to approach it.
Any help/tips or advice is greatly appreciated, please :-D You guyz are always a great help!

Thanks
Dancer 246 x

Post subject: Re: Audition make-up, clothing and hair help
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:53 am 

approach it like its your last audition then. Casual dress shouldn't mean covered up, make sure your physique can be seen- all of you, looking good. Practice with makeup before hand-4ex.udont want to over load on mascara that doesn't turn out to be so waterproof after workshop warmupsweatycrowded.....yeh theres lots of stuff to do to stand out- but sometimes simple works bestgoes a long way--say you look good in red--go with it and put red flower in hair ya know--no need to over due it and look like a made-up confused space barbie, try to find a balance between that and boring, keeping in mind that itll be the carriage of you from your core through movement they look at rather than the exterior attire at least more so.--i hope that helps exude confidance without coming off like a turkey, demonstrate an insanely focus level of concentration and work ethic.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]