public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:44 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Foot inserts
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2001 5:43 pm 

Which ones arebest for my tennis shoes? My feet and legs KILL me when I stand on a hard floor for too long!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Foot inserts
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2001 6:30 pm 

You can have a doctor prescribe foot inserts. I believe a doctor called a podiatrist or a chiropodist is the one who can do that.<P>Doing any sort of work on hard surfaces is very difficult to the feet and all joints of the body.<p>[This message has been edited by Basheva (edited August 03, 2001).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2001 3:19 pm 

As an aside to your question, I had to use a foot insert in my ballet slipper on my right foot. I came down hard one day on our wood floors after a jete and now it hurts whenever I work in center. I bought one of those Dr. Scholls comfort inserts an it works wonders. One thing though, it makes my stance a little lopsided. But it's only temporary until my studio moves to its new location with a marley floor.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2001 4:40 pm 

On the subject of inserts; has anyone heard of arch angels? They are a new insert designed especially for ballet slippers and pointe shoes, to help anyone with pronated feet. I am very interested in them so if you have any idea as to what they are like, please let me know. <P>They had a website on their brochure, but I can't access it, maybe it's just my server.. <A HREF="http://www.archangels.com.au" TARGET=_blank>www.archangels.com.au</A> <BR>Thanks in advance!<BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2001 4:45 pm 

I've just looked up shay green (the podiatrist who invented them) and found a brief discription of the orthotics: <A HREF="http://www.shay.com.au/whatsnew.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.shay.com.au/whatsnew.htm</A> <P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2001 5:03 pm 

Dancelite - thank you very much!!

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]