public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Too late to be Pro?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:56 am 

I am sixteen years old, and I am OBSESSED with ballet. I took it for a few years when I was younger but then my dad lost his job and I had to quit because we couldnt afford it. But now I have a part-time job and my parents say that if I pay for it myself, I can start dancing again. I was THRILLED..until I realized that, possibly, I would be unable to be very good starting again at such a late age. I have studied music for twelve years and have practiced dance throughout the period when I was not taking lessons. I am going to take three to four classes a week in a studio as well as taking ballet at school. Im looking for the most intensive class I can be in that would befit my level, but challenge me. I tend to do well only when I know that the other girls are better than me and I am competing to surpass them. I am quite flexible and am able to pointe easily as I have a very high arch.

I will work my ass off. I will train every day if I have to. I'd do anything to make up for those three years that I missed. If I have natural talent and work hard enough, do you think i could be GOOD? What about professional?

Riane

...can't you see the magic in me?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Too late to be Pro?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:21 pm 

Hi Riane and welcome to CriticalDance. I see you have received a response for the same post in "Studio", so I will close this topic, to keep all the responses together.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]