public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:38 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Is this normal?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 6:36 am 

Lately I have been getting a slight but <BR>annoying pain in different parts of my legs and feet. For example, today as we were doing an allegro I felt this pain on my foot and couldn't step it. After about 5 minutes it was gone. I 'm attending a summer course and we dance like 6-7 hours a day. My teacher says that it's because I have never danced so much before and my body is adjusting to it and that it's normal to have this pain sometimes. Is it? Did it ever happen to you?

Post subject: Re: Is this normal?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 7:03 am 

Pain is a sign that something is not "normal". That's why it hurts. Sometimes you can accept the pain, for instance, when you get a blister -its painful. You know why it hurts, and you can take care of it. However, pain such as you are describing is different. <P>I would certainly go and have this checked out. It is true that you are probably dancing more than you ever have, but that is not a reason to consider pain "normal". <P> Often pain will occur in an area other than the area that is hurt. Like when people have a heart attack sometimes their arm will hurt, not the chest. So where it hurts is not ALWAYS truly indicative of where the problem is.<P>That is why you need to have it checked out. That's the safe, reasonable thing to do.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]