public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:03 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Learning flamenco
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:35 am 

Dance floored
Flamenco is about clicking your heels and wearing flowers in your hair, right? In The Guardian, Ellie Levenson is put through her paces at one of Spain's most famous dancing schools.

A few months ago I saw a fantastic performance of flamenco in London. One of the best-received dancers was an old fat lady. It struck me that flamenco is one of the only kinds of dancing that you can do regardless of age and size. All it required was passion, and, it seemed, the ability to scowl while on stage, something I'm certainly capable of. Flamenco, I thought, was the kind of dance for me.

click for more

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:59 am 

Fantastic Flamenco
Open squares with tinkling fountains, stunning architecture, gorgeous hidden gardens, a huge variety of tapas and warm, friendly people are just a few of the vivid impressions Carole Edrich (for Dancing times) has taken from Seville.

Wandering the narrow streets, I realised there could be no better location for Don Giovanni, The Marriage of Figaro or The Barber of Seville, that it’s the only place Don Quixote could have started his quest and that the tragedy of Carmen could easily unfold there in the back streets, just around the corner.

click for more

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]