public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: dance schools and pointe
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:02 am 

There's a dance school that I really want to go to, and I will be graduating high school in 2006. But my dance class and I have just started pointe, and at this school you should know how to dance on pointe by the time you audition.

Is there anything I can do to help my foot strength and to help prepare me to dance on pointe before I graduate?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: dance schools and pointe
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:03 am 

The experts here will advise you, eye', but one thing is clear - DON'T RUSH IT AND DON'T FORCE IT. Be strictly guided by your teachers as your feet are crucially important and the strain that pointe work causes needs you to be fully prepared in a number of areas.

<small>[ 25 March 2005, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: Stuart Sweeney ]</small>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: dance schools and pointe
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:31 pm 

If you are graduating in 2006 and it is 2005 now, that gives you about 8 months of study en pointe. You won't be doing advanced things but your teachers will have you working on the basics I am sure. To get stronger en pointe or in dance in general it takes years of study. There is just no way to rush it. Take as many classes as you can and be realistic with what you can accomplish.
Do your teachers think you will be ready for the school that you want to audition for? They will be your best guides as they can see your progress.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]