public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:07 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Teen/Adult classes not cutting it!!!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:17 pm 

I'm currently attending Teen/Adult ballet classes once a week. The problem is, one class a week is nowhere near enough practice! I want to build up a technique and be on pointe someday, but the class goes nowhere. I practice a lot at home and do feet strengthening excercises, I can balance and stand on pointe quite comfortably. I know that with time and effort I will acheive my goals someday, but definitely not if i remain doing only 1 class a week. Please help!! I have no idea what to do about this..

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Teen/Adult classes not cutting it!!!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:09 pm 

The solution is to attend class more than once a week.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Teen/Adult classes not cutting it!!!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:40 am 

Hi, I live in the UK and I attend an adult ballet class. Maybe think about getting private lessons where the teacher gives you a lot more attention and help to build up your technique and skills, this is what I do and it helps a lot because, ballet is the base for most types of dance.
Aswell as ballet..get yourself into different genres of dance i.e. tap, hip-hop, street dancing, latin etc, these all help.

Talk to your teacher and see what he/she thinks about you attending more classes or getting private lessons. If you want your dreams to come true YOU have to do what you need to do to get where you want to be hun!

Don't be scared to try new things.

Hope this helps.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]