public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:28 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Company Update
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2001 1:59 pm 

Hello alL! This isn't so much of a question as it is an update on the company. I've decided not to try out.<P>Nowe before you say anything, let me explain. When I told my parents I wanted to try out for company, they told me that if i tryed out and made it, then no more acting in civic and school theater. In other words. No acting. I was too caught up in the excitment and flattery of being asked by my teacher to try out to really pay any attention. Then today I was thinking about it and started listening to Broadway c.d.'s. I was listening to Suessical (my favorite) and was thinking about how I wanted to play Mazie LaBird and do that play in high school when I was a freshman. Then I almost cried because I realized if I did company, I couldn't do that. Then I relized that if I did company, I also wouldn't be able to do my non-profit organization I 'm trying to set up. This would be fine if I wanted to be a ballerina, but I truly want to be in musical theater on Broadway. I've wanted that since I was 6! I talked to my Mom about it, and she said I could just continue takeing lessons, and then if I truly wanted to, next year I could try out. All in all, I'm happy with my decision. Thanks for listening!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Company Update
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2001 2:09 pm 

AthenaCait - we all have to make choices and I am glad that you have made a choice and it is a happy one for you. It sounds like a wonderful choice. <P>You will get to act, do musical theater, and dance too!! Sounds good to me! I think you will find that your dancing is a wonderful aid to your acting and other theater work.<P>It sounds like you have made a very good choice for what you love to do. <P>Lots of luck to you!! Keep us informed about what you are doing and how it is working out. I would really like to hear about your non-profit project. That sounds especially interesting.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2001 2:19 pm 

Thanks! I'll e-mail you about the NPO, so as not to take up more space.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2001 3:57 pm 

AthenaCait - I got your e-mail and tried to respond but the mail would not go through - I don't know why.<P>Anyway, the site you sent me looks very nice, and I think you are doing a terrific job on it and you have a great idea. I wish you lots of luck with it.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]