public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: PLEASE!!! READ THIS..AND ANSWERD ME!..
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:29 pm 

hello, i'm from PERU my name is CRISTINAA i began ballet one year ago when i was 13, i'm 15 and i haven't started yet pointed shoes, i will like to know if i could be a GREAT balarina?? be PROO and be THE MOST WONDERFUL BALARINA EVER!??? please answer this, also i would like to know how is ballet in USA, EUROPE, RUSSIA?? how many hours do they dance?? how is training please help

really i must say people that dances are great, they are the best, all the people that i have met are really good, i hope that in every country is the same

(sorry if i dont write well..it becuz i'm from PERU!)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: PLEASE!!! READ THIS..AND ANSWERD ME!..
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:44 pm 

Hello Christinaa and welcome to CD. We are happy that you have found us.

Your question is a very hard one for us to answer because we can't see you, but generally dancers who go on to a professional career study from a young age and are well on their way by the time they are in the late teens. Pointe work starts after you have had enough training and your teacher feels that you are strong enough to go on pointe. It takes many years and many hours to be a professional dancer and artist.

Dance and dancers are pretty much the same no matter where in the world we are. We all love what we do, get frustrated that we did not do that step perfectly and can't wait to get back into the studio to try to get it right.

Again welcome and your English is just fine.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:22 pm 

Hi. It's clear you like what you are doing (ballet) and that it challenges you. I would add to what Lucy has said by way of advising not to give up. It's important to attend class regularly. To try to understand and implement the corrections and suggestions each teacher and coach give you. Allow yourself "rewards" and not be too hard on yourself, even while working hard. In other words, realize and recognize what you have accomplished. Rejoice in small victories, as well as the large ones. (I held my arabesque longer today. Or, I felt more musical and expressive. That was a good class. I had fun!) Start thinking of yourself as a dancer and don't wait until your first paycheck to call yourself an artist.

Dance big. Dance bold. Dance happily. Read about ballet and dance. Look at videos. See any ballet company as they come through your town. The more you know, the more you will be able to bring to your art.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:07 pm 

Christinaa,
Altough I am onley a student(in the USA) I dance atleast eight hours a day, but professional dancers i would think probably dance even more!

bunheadballerina

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]