public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:15 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: I'm 15 and I want to start ballet
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:17 pm 

Hello,

I have wanted to take lessons for my entire life, but I haven't been able too. I would really love to start taking lessons. I do not have any intention of becoming profesisonal, but I would really love to dance. I live in Kansas City missouri and I was wondering if anybody coul dhelp me find someplace that teaches lessons? Thank you very much. :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: I'm 15 and I want to start ballet
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:32 pm 

Hi Charli...a quick google search turned up what appears to be a very good school, Kansas City Ballet at 1601 Broadway, telephone #931-2232 in Kansas City, MO. You would have to talk to them, as they are a pre-professional school and you are fifteen (which is a bit late to start if wanting to dance ballet professionally). They say on their website that they offer evening ballet, jazz, and body conditioning. See what they say...at least they might be able to recommend a good school for you if this school isn't what you are looking for.

P.S. I just took another look at the website and they say they offer two tracks of study...one for the pre-professional student and one "for children who understand the value of ballet and dance training and wish to receive the best teaching available for vocational or recreation reasons." Definitely check this school out...Good luck and enjoy your dancing!

<small>[ 06 August 2004, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: GN ]</small>

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]