public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:14 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: pointe shoes
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 4:10 am 

Thanks very much for the thread on Georgian dance it was very interesting. <BR>I have one quick question, it might sound werid but what size of foot (across the widest part)approx in cm/mm/inches would you term a 'wide foot'. I take medium in Freeds pointe shoes, I tried the bloch shoe with a wider platform and box(horizontal width)when I bought my last pair which was a teeny bit more comfy for my toes but in all the near sizes the rest of the shoe didn't fit properly. My freeds shoes aren't uncomfortable but I am desperately worried about how not to develop bunions, I don't have them and my feet don't hurt in any way but many dancer past and present seem to develop them. I read in a thread about a bandage you used to use, what is it and can you get it in the UK.<BR>Thanks

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: pointe shoes
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 4:54 am 

Ballet Girl, if I am understanding your question clearly.....when judging the width I always fit the widest part of my foot first - the ball of my foot.<P>However, some shoes are very tapered - Niccolini/Capezio being one. So even though the it was bought to fit the ball of my foot, it would occasionally still squeeze my toes. In later years when the Contempora was available - which had a much wider box - that was a lot more comfortable.<P>When I had a very heavy rehearsal schedule I would use an ace bandage around my toes. This is an elastic bandage that can be cut to any length. It's usually purchased in a place where you find bandaids and such. Since it was much too wide - I would cut it in half.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]