public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:16 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Royal Ballet's Swan Lake
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 4:56 am 

<B>SWAN LAKE</B><P> Image <P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>During a hunting expedition, Prince Siegfried is enamoured of Odette who has been transformed by the evil Von Rothbart's spell into a swan by day, returning to her womanly form only at night at the Lakeside. With Siegfried's love - the love of one who has never loved before - the spell can be broken. But Siegfried is cruelly tricked into declaring his love for Von Rothbart's daughter Odile, disguised by magic as Odette, and all seems lost. Siegfried and Odette finally break the power of evil by drowning themselves in the lake to be united in death for eternity.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Image and quote from the <A HREF="http://www.royalballet.org/PerformingSpaces/Index.cfm?ccs=239&cs=497" TARGET=_blank><B>ROH website</B></A><P>**************************<P><B>Casts</B><P>18, 27, Nov, 6, 12 Dec<BR><B>Cojocaru/ Kobborg</B><P>19 (mat) Nov <BR><B>Tapper, Putrov</B><P>19(eve), 25 Nov<BR><B>Bussell, Bolle</B><P>21, 26, 29 Nov<BR><B>Rojo, Acosta</B><P>22 Nov, 3 Dec<BR><B>Benjamin, Tewsley</B><P>4, 9, 13 Dec<BR><B>Yoshida, Urlezaga</B><P>5, 11, 17 Dec<BR><B>Yanowsky, Cope</B><P>***************************<P><B>Insight Day </B><P>9 November 10.30-4pm <BR>Linbury Studio Theatre <P>***************************<P><B>Booking Information for Period 2</B><P>1. Advance public postal/online ticket application available 3 August. Deadline for receipt of applications 14 August. <P>2. Telephone and online booking 24 September. <p>[This message has been edited by sylvia (edited June 22, 2002).]

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The Royal Ballet's Swan Lake
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 5:02 am 

Any comments? 7 casts this time, more than I can remember in a while. I adore this production. Looking forward to Alina's London debut, as well as Jamie Tapper and Ivan Putrov's - they must have impressed Stretton on tour!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 5:40 am 

Thanks as always Sylvia. I suppose the three casts that stand out for me are:<P>- Benjamin/Tewsley, as I'm keen to see him in action again after his fine performances in "Onegin"<P>- Yanovsky/Cope, promises much as she can be so expressive<P>- Cojocaru/Kobborg, 'nuff said!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 12:18 pm 

Stuart, I quite agree with you. I am glad that I will finally have the chance to see Yanowsky in this role and of course Cojocaru.<P>Benjamin and Tewsley should definitely be a win-win choice. I was quite taken with his performance in Onegin. During last year's summer season I saw Benjamin in Swan Lake and she really brought Odette and Odile to live. Every movement was filled with emotion which was especially remarkable since Urlezaga had had to step in for the injured Kobborg at the very last second and so she had suddenly found herself dancing with a partner considerably taller than the one she had rehearsed with. I guess that is a situation when experience comes in handy.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 12:17 am 

So who is dancing Von Rothbart?? why don't they let you know these things?? i don't suppose David Drew will be dancing any of them??

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 9:31 am 

Just a reminder that public booking is open. From what I remember from the sheets passed out, Cojocaru & Kobborg and Bussell & Bolle performances are pretty full but there are still many seats available for the other casts.

Tel: 020 7304 4000

<small>[ 09-26-2002, 11:36: Message edited by: sylvia ]</small>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 12:43 pm 

From the ROH website.

Some changes to the Swan Lake cast. Leanne Benjamin and Robert Tewsley are replaced by Jamie Tapper and Ivan Putrov on 22nd November and 3rd December.

<small>[ 11-06-2002, 13:43: Message edited by: sylvia ]</small>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 5:55 pm 

Hmmm, that is good and bad news at the same time. I would have loved to see Benjamin and Tewsley. Last summer she struck me as very touching in Swan Lake.

But since it is not meant to be, now I do not have to feel sorry not to be able to make the matinee Tapper and Putrov were originally scheduled for. I will get my chance to see them after all.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]