public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Royal Ballet's Trilogy
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 4:31 am 

Major change to the advertised programme. Beyond Bach is to be replaced by The Leaves are Fading.<P>From the ROH website.<P><I>"The technical requirements for the New Wheeldon against those of Beyond Bach would require an unacceptably long interval change. We also feel that Christopher Wheeldon’s artistic vision should not be compromised. Therefore, The Leaves are Fading, which has a less complicated stage setting than Beyond Bach, will form the third part of this triple bill."</I><P>Full details are <A HREF="http://www.royalopera.org/News/Index.cfm?ccs=228&cs=518" TARGET=_blank>here</A>.<P>Personally I'm not devastated as I found Leaves to be a more interesting ballet. And Alina Cojocaru and Johan Kobborg in the second pdd are not to be missed.<P>Plus with all the injuries the RB have (like Urlezaga and Persson who were both integral to Beyond Bach) they can avoid the chaos that resulted from having only 2 non-interchangeable (one short, one tall) casts.<p>[This message has been edited by sylvia (edited April 07, 2002).]

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Royal Ballet's Trilogy
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 9:19 am 

Thanks for the news Sylvia. I missed the "Memories" triple and for me this is good news. I did see Winnipeg perform "Leaves" when they were here, but it will be good to see it again.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 4:30 pm 

The replacement is good news, but something by Ashton or Macmillan would have been better. I long for last seasons excellent mix of triples. There didn't seem to be any crisis of overwork then.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 7:20 am 

Latest casting information now available <A HREF="http://www.royalballet.org/ballet/index.cfm?ccs=173&cs=362" TARGET=_blank><B>here</B></A>.<P><B>18, 20, 24, 25(e) May <BR>Tryst</B> <BR>Bussell*,Cope* <BR><B>The Leaves Are Fading</B> <BR>Cojocaru, Kobborg <BR><B>A Month in the Country</B><BR>Guillem,Cope <P><B>25 May (m) <BR>Tryst</B> <BR>Hatley*,Harvey* <BR><B>The Leaves Are Fading</B> <BR>Benjamin*, t.b.a. <BR><B>A Month in the Country</B> <BR>Valtat, Putrov<P>_______________________________<P>I'd recommend both - Cojocaru and Kobborg are must-sees in The Leaves are Fading, and I'm really looking forward to seeing Belinda Hatley on stage again. Muriel Valtat is also a wonderful Natalia.<P>Plus a link to the Trilogy Insight evening is <A HREF="http://www.criticaldance.com/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000380.html" TARGET=_blank><B>here</B></A>.<p>[This message has been edited by sylvia (edited May 07, 2002).]

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]