public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Prom at the Palace - Webcast alert! Yanowsky & Bolle
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 12:27 am 

I thought both of the concerts were fantastic , the floor did look a bit iffy but they had time to get accustomed to it. The fireworks were great and in time to the music..did any one watch the fireworks after the rock concert , even better than the ones at the Sydney Olympics!! Why weren't the two dancers on tour with the company or are they flying out later...or didn't all of the company go..who stayed behind??<BR>I have asked the BBC if the concerts will be out on video..awaiting reply.<BR>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 12:33 am 

Thanks Shirley, the clarification about the floor is much appreciated.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 7:15 am 

So did anyone catch anymore of the Jubilee coverage? Kinda hard to miss it here in the UK! Image. But I read that some of it was broadcast live in Europe and the US. The parades and the dancing looked like great fun - how I wish I could have been there! Btw Stuart, I finally caught a glimpse of 'Morris dancing' in those parades!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 7:56 am 

It has been broadcast here in the USA - well, I can speak only for the San Diego area. We have taped some of it to watch when we get a chance. <P>Yesterday I saw the big parade, the gold coach, and all the people standing and cheering and waving flags - and umbrellas! It was wonderful to see the people singing to the Queen. Everyone looked like they were having a really great time.<P>Was it raining - or were the umbrellas just for color? silly question - but I was wondering.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 10:18 am 

It rained a bit in the morning, and people had umbrellas with them as a precaution - they had been there for hours, and in some cases days!<P>It didn't rain for the afternoon parades, and a million people streamed down the Mall, all good humoured with (I believe) only three arrests.<P>I really think the gold coach should be in a ballet, it is so pretty.<P>One of my sons was in the Mall for the fireworks the night before, and he had a wonderful time. He sent me a text message because it was too noisy to phone!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 11:03 am 

It was broadcast live on CBC Newsworld and I got up at 5:00am to watch. Set the VCR to tape while I was at work and watched the whole thing last night! What a party! Did anyone notice the large cut-out of Margot Fonteyn on the Show Biz float....Coronation Street fans would have been happy to see "Ken Barlow" on the same float. The golden coach is really unbelievable isn't it - I've never seen anything on stage to compare.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 12:26 am 

The whole thing was spectacular , i don't think Her Majesty could take it all in..The fireworks from the palace , lovely..i had a tear in my eye when the fly past took place ( mind you when they release the poppies from the roof of the Royal Albert Hall on rememberance day it sets me off as well!!),it was nice to see concorde and the other older planes.. i just wish i had sent for tickets to go to the classical prom. I hear there will be celebrations in 10 years for her diamond jubilee , and then a bit later for her platinum..so if tickets are available i'm there.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2