public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:19 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: The Royal Ballet's Booking Period 5
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 8:06 am 

According to the ROH website which has been updated today Laura Morera will make her debut as Kitri partnered by Ivan Putrov in the matinee performance of Don Q on Thursday 25/07/02!<BR>I would love to see that but it is rather doubtful that I will be able to make the time since I am quite tied up next week.(Sigh!)<BR>In case anyone else is going please share your impressions.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 10:26 am 

Good spot Odile! Laura has had a super year and richly deserves the chance. She has fine attack and technique and with her intelligence, acting skills and emotional intensity can bring a part to life. <P>Ross Stretton has been getting a lot of stick from a variety of sources over his first year. But in respect of bringing on younger dancers I think he has done well. Can you remember the last time that two Soloists took the leads in a full length work?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 2:42 pm 

There are some new changes on the ROH website concerning the casting for Coppelia.<P>Monday 29.7. and Thursday 1.8. Matinee<BR>Burn / Kobborg / Heydon<P>Tuesday 30.7. and Friday 2.8.<BR>Yoshida / Sasaki / Marriott<P>Wednesday 31.7. and Saturday 3.8.<BR>Nunez / Acosta / Heydon<P>Thursday 1.8. and Saturday 3.8. Matinee<BR>Hatley / Putrov / Tuckett<P><BR>I am glad that so many First Soloists and Soloists are getting a chance but the injury situation must be reallly bad this season end since Benjamin, Tapper, Persson and Urlezaga all had to be replaced on longer or shorter notice for this run of Coppelia alone not taking into account all the other changes for the summer season.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 2:50 pm 

And I see that Luke Heydon, who resigned around the end of last year, has been drafted back in to cope with the injuries. If you haven't see him, he is a fine character dancer who brings much humour to his performances. He's great in "Coppelia" and from memory is in the BBC production from a year ago.<p>[This message has been edited by Stuart Sweeney (edited July 20, 2002).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 4:02 am 

More cast changes for Don Q on the ROH website:<BR>Cojocaru and Kobborg will not dance their scheduled performances. Their replacements will be:<P>24/07/02 Nunez / Acosta<P>27/07/02 Morera / Putrov Matinee<P><BR>So hopefully I will get to see Morera as Kitri after all.<BR>At this rate soon there will be no fit and healthy Principals left. Anyway all the better for the Soloists and First Soloists who otherwise might have had to wait a lot longer for a chance at a major full length role

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3