public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:03 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: What has become of Carlos Acosta?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2001 3:01 am 

Does anyone know what has become of Carlos Acosta and why he is not dancing with the Royal Ballet this season? Forgive me if this has already been addresses but I can't find it anywhere in the site.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: What has become of Carlos Acosta?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2001 3:15 am 

But Carlos Acosta is guesting again with the Royal Ballet this season. I saw him myself in<BR>Don Quixote and he is also scheduled to appear in La Bayadere in February. I do not have the exact dates with me right now.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2001 3:45 am 

Carlos is guesting with the Royal Balet and will be back for La Bayadere at the beginning of next year. He has been guesting at the Stuttgart Ballet, attended the Royal Ballet School for a GAMBA sponsored event and is now in Cuba visiting his family. Expect him back to open La Bayadere with Tamara Rojo on Mon 11 February. He will also be appearing in the March Triple Bill. Then he'll be popping up at ABT in the Spring.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2001 4:27 am 

I had heard he had had something of a falling out with the Royal Ballet - but it appears that all is well. Thank you both.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 3:19 am 

Article in the Independent linked in to Acosta's performance at Sadlers Wells in July but which talks greatly about the dance scene in Cuba.

Quote:
This is Cuba: a world away from grid-locked Britain, where old, battered Cadillacs chug unbelievably along Havana's streets. Ordinary Cubans have little money, but they enjoy a support for the arts that proportionally would be considered fabulously generous here. As a result, Cuban dance, like Cuban music, enjoys a high profile abroad. They train sublime dancers who achieve international fame, such as Carlos Acosta. And yet they receive little cultural traffic in the opposite direction. Despite the focus on tourism to shore up a desperate economy, Cubans remain cut off, with little idea of what goes on elsewhere.

MORE

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]