public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:21 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Adam Cooper
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 12:26 am 

DEBRA CRAINE <BR>The Times<BR> <BR><B>He was already a star with the Royal Ballet, but then Adam Cooper became sultry in swansdown and hasn’t looked back </B><BR> <BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>He was one of the most romantic leading men the Royal Ballet ever had, but it wasn’t until he played a sexy male swan that Adam Cooper’s career really took off. Matthew Bourne’s 1995 Swan Lake catapulted the darkly handsome British ballet star into an international sensation from the West End to Broadway. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><A HREF="http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/0,,342-2002022846,00.html" TARGET=_blank><B>more....</B></A><P><BR> <BR> <BR><p>[This message has been edited by Emma Pegler (edited January 19, 2002).]

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Adam Cooper
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 3:19 pm 

An article in the NY Times:

Quote:
The Master's Disciple as a Barefoot Hamlet

By VALERIE GLADSTONE

LONDON

THE dancer Adam Cooper was rehearsing "Sea of Troubles," Kenneth MacMillan's little-known ballet masterpiece that was inspired by Shakespeare's "Hamlet," in the bright, spacious studios of the English National Ballet here recently. <a href=http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/09/arts/dance/09GLAD.html target=_blank>more</a>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Adam Cooper
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:31 am 

Not just any body: Adam Cooper
How the fit and fabulous stay that way

How do you maintain the body beautiful? I always do stretching and warm-up exercises before going on stage. When I am performing it’s enough to keep me fit, but when I stop I have to visit the gym more. Tonight’s my last night in On Your Toes at the Royal Festival Hall, so from tomorrow I will be hitting the gym.

That’s pliés on the treadmill, then? I do a lot of cardiovascular work, weights, and a combination of Pilates and yoga exercises. I started doing Pilates 12 years ago while recovering from an injury and found it’s a great way of keeping the rest of your body in shape, particularly if one part of you is injured, because it works all the different muscles. Yoga is a recent discovery. I was taught some basic stretches by a masseur to help with a back problem and found that it really helped, and have since been to classes.

click for more

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]