public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:06 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Robin Cousins - Ice Dancer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 1:42 am 

Remember Cousins? Robin Cousins and John Currie revolutionised ice dancing making it just that - dancing. Here is an interesting article about what happens to such stars once they finish competing:<P>A Working Relationship <BR> <BR><B>Warming to the ice <BR>Robin Cousins and his PA and production director, Stephanie Jarman </B><P>The Times <BR>BY JOHN KERCHER <BR> <BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>The one type of show that Stephanie Jarman never wanted to see was the “on ice” variety. Yet 18 months ago she became personal assistant and production director to the ice skater Robin Cousins, Britain’s 1980 Olympic gold medallist. <BR>The former skating star now has his own company, Cousins Entertainment, through which he works as a creative adviser and choreographer for companies based both in Britain and abroad, and also originates shows of his own. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <BR><A HREF="http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/0,,69-2002000090,00.html" TARGET=_blank><B>more...</B></A>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Robin Cousins - Ice Dancer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 11:11 pm 

<B>Colours of Dance; Brighton Centre <BR>BY DONALD HUTERA <BR>The Times</B><BR> <BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>THE last thing many of us want right now is a holiday on ice. But transform the H and the I into upper-case letters and it could be a different story. <BR>Colours of Dance, the new show by that silver-bladed behemoth of commercial entertainment Holiday on Ice, is in the guise of a journey. The destination — self-discovery as achieved by a young woman with a passion for dance, according to the press material — is shallowly plotted nonsense, but it provides a vehicle for slick, skilful pop spectacle. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><A HREF="http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/0,,62-2002017588,00.html" TARGET=_blank><B>more...</B></A>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 12:26 am 

What I like about Donald Hutera's approach to dance is that he takes each performance within its own frame of reference and evaluates its success in that context. <P>This is an excellent example of a show that I wouldn't think twice about seeing, but as a result of his review might consider, especially on a night when I needed cheering up rather than exposure to a deep, philosophical grind.<P><p>[This message has been edited by Stuart Sweeney (edited January 11, 2002).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 12:28 pm 

Do you ice-skate, Stuart? It's hard but very rewarding. I have a lot of respect for idce-dancing because co-ordinating skates and slippery stuff in order to be poetic, is quite a tall order. A dancer friend of mine is just off to the European championships in Switzerland - ice dancing has credentials in the dance world, and deservedly so.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 2:38 pm 

I love watching ice dancing. I have only tried ice skating myself once and it has to be one of the most scariest experiences of my life. Not an art form I feel I could ever master but I have the upmost respect for those that can.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]