public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: New Year's Honours List
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:56 am 

I may well have missed other honours, but the only relevant to dance that I saw was to Kiki Gale, Artistic Director, East London Dance - an MBE for services to dance.

Congratulations to Kiki!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: New Year's Honours List
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:03 am 

After New Year in Germany's Harz Mountains and a couple of hectic days in Tallinn I can catch up on things UK. Apart from Emma's post above, the New Years Honours brought some further recognition to dance:

Gerry Robinson, the outgoing chairman of Arts Council England, receives a knighthood. He has done much to streamline the Arts Council into a single country-wide organisation and win significant grant increses from the Government, which have benefitted dance together with other art forms.

Two awards to long-standing toilers at the Royal Ballet. Anthony Russell-Roberts, the Company's administrative director since 1983 is created CBE and Principal Repetiteur, Donald MacLeary, receives an OBE.

Did anyone catch any other dance related awards?

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]