public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:01 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Tamara Rojo
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 7:30 am 

On Sturday 14th July Tamara will be interviewed on Classic FM at 11.00pm-12.00 midnight , about life as a prima ballerina etc.

Post subject: Re: Tamara Rojo
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 7:36 am 

Thanks sugar plum fairy - useful information. If you get the chance to hear it why not tell us about what the wonderful Tamara says. <p>[This message has been edited by Stuart Sweeney (edited July 11, 2001).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 7:39 am 

will try.. depends if i'm on call that weekend..hope not! will record it if i am.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 8:06 am 

Tamara Rojo
Intense and driven by insecurity, the ballerina has blossomed at Covent Garden.

Clifford Bishop [The Times] hails the Royal Ballet’s Spanish star

Quote:
To paraphrase one of Tamara Rojo’s favourite English-language authors, for a ballet dancer to lose more than one artistic director in less than four years might be regarded as a misfortune; to lose three looks like carelessness. Having left Derek Deane’s English National Ballet in the summer of 2000, then watched the departures of Anthony Dowell and Ross Stretton from the Royal Ballet, Rojo could be forgiven for feeling unsettled in what she describes as her “new home” at Covent Garden.
more...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 5:00 am 

Best of times, worst of times: Tamara Rojo
By Sue Fox [The Times]

Quote:
On the eve of an Australian tour, the principal dancer Tamara Rojo, 29, faced the end of a brilliant career. She recalls how, instead of starring in Swan Lake, she ended up under the surgeon's knife

Last May, the man who made my ballet shoes retired. The timing was bad for me. I was preparing for a big show, and it's always best to change over slowly to a new shoemaker. I need two or three pairs of shoes a night when I'm performing.
more...

What a terrible, terrible thing to have happened to a dancer. Infections like that can kill you if they spread into the blood, let alone ruin the dancer's career.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]