public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:29 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: dance studios in london
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 12:59 pm 

hi<BR>i've just got bk from a class at pineapple studios for classical ballet. although i enjoyed it i thought it was a bit expensive, £4 to get in and £7 for the class. on top of this i had to buy a five pound travel card.could anyone let me know off any other studio's which are cheaper or closer to me. i live on the central line east bound (woodford). any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! thanks<BR>nats

Post subject: Re: dance studios in london
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 10:08 pm 

Hi,<P>I have to say that the class price is probably about right for Central London. If you are thinking about taking lots of classes at Pineapple it might be an idea to get a longer term membership with them which would make things cheaper. <P>I don't know much about classes in the area, but try this site<BR> <A HREF="http://www.dtol.ndirect.co.uk/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.dtol.ndirect.co.uk/</A> <P>They will list teachers in your area and you can also put in a request for classes.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 3:28 am 

I believe The Place has a good system for dancers - once you pay a small fee, you are able to receive information on classes and studio space availability. I will see if I can find the details - it's something we've used at JazzXchange before!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 2:27 am 

Since you live on the Central line you might want to try Danceworks in Balderton Street only a couple of minutes walk from Bond Street tube station. Ballet classes are 5-6 Pounds depending on the teacher. The daily membership fee is 2 Pounds on Sundays and 4 Pounds on weekdays so it really makes sense to spend 120 on an annual membership.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]